Made some chili…
- 2 pounds Chuck Roast (or stew meat) - cubed
- 2 Large Yellow Onions - chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper - chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper - chopped
- 2 Cups Mushrooms - sliced
- 2 14 ounce cans of Diced Tomatoes (drained, Keep the liquid from one can)
- 4 14 ounce cans of Kidney Beans (drained & rinsed, Keep the liquid from two cans)
- 1/4 Cup Chili Powder (Fooj’s Wild & Screamin’ Chili Powder preferred)
- 1 Beef Bouillon Cube
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder (not Garlic Salt)
- After cubing the beef, sprinkle the meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Toss to coat the meat evenly. Cover and let stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes to marinate.
- Dissolve the beef bouillon cube in one cup boiling water and add to the reserved liquid from the tomatoes and kidney beans.
- After marinating, heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy pot over high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the beef and cook until just barely done.
- Reduce temperature to medium and add onions and bullion mixture. Cover and simmer 10 minutes until the onions are just soft.
- Add tomatoes, peppers and chili powder. Cover again and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add beans and mushrooms. Cover and simmer another 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer another 30 minutes or until the meat is nice and tender.