Jump to recipe
Made some chicken stock
Based on a recipe from Serious Eats: How to Make The Best Chicken Stock
Chicken Stock - Serious Eats
- 4-8 pounds chicken parts (wings, bones, breasts, legs)
- 4 quarts water
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 4 large celery ribs, diced
- 8 crushed medium cloves garlic
- 2 large sprigs parsley
- Combine chicken, water, onions, celery, garlic, and parsley in a large stockpot and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Lower heat, maintaining a very gentle simmer, and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Strain stock through a fine-mesh strainer, let cool, then transfer to containers and refrigerate until completely chilled, about 6 hours.
- Skim off and remove any fat and scum on the surface. Refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 6 months.