I made a double batch of condensed cream of mushroom soup.
Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 12 ounces Mushrooms, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 cup Finely Diced Onion
- 2 clove Garlic, Minced
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add mushrooms and onions and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Quickly whisk in cream and chicken broth until smooth. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. You want it to be saltier than normal, since this is a condensed soup.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a jar or freezer-safe container. Once soup is completely cool, you can store it in the refrigerator or freezer.
- To reconstitute, add 1 1/2 cups of liquid, such as chicken broth, milk, water, or a combination.