Made a sandwich.
This was adapted from PBS Fresh Tastes.
Kimchi and Comte Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 1.8 ounces (50 grams) Comté or Gruyère cheese, sliced
- 1.8 ounces (50 grams) Swiss or Emmentaler cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup kimchi, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place each slice of bread butter side down and place half the cheese on one slice and remaining cheese on the other slice. This acts as a barrier to keep the bread from getting soggy.
- When removing the kimchi from the container, allow the majority of the juices to drain before chopping
- Top with the kimchi and scallions.
- Preheat a heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat.
- Assemble the two halves and cook until the underside is golden brown.
- Flip and cook until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Slice in half and serve immediately.